Sunday, March 15, 2009

Yesterday wasn't as planned.

First, I had my Dreamweaver class and that was as planned.  Then we went to the Locust Grove book sale.  That was pretty cool.  I'll have to take pictures of it, but, I found a cook book from 1890 something.  I can't even read the title on the cover it's been so 'gently used'.  LOL  And the cover is off which reduces it's value, but, I have the cover.  Basically, I didn't get it for the cover.  I got it for the content and I think it's really cool.

Then we went out to lunch at Charlestown Pizza.  You got it!  It's in Charlestown, IN.  We can't get Chicago style pizza here in Indiana we've found, but this is the closest thing and it's pretty good.  Plus, they have all kinds of exotic beers.  A lot are made right here in Indiana.  I always try one or two went we go there.  The one I had yesterday was called Pride and Joy and it was made in Indiana.

Then, I was supposed to go to the Skurvy Wench party yesterday for the Skurvy Dog ladies.  I just wasn't up to it since I was up at 4:30 in the morning with the dogs.  But, I was REALLY glad I didn't go.  At about 6 pm my poor husband had gone to bed with a migraine and he became violently ill!  I was so glad I was here to help him.  He just wanted the lights low and quiet.

Once he went to sleep I settled in with a movie.  I don't know if you've seen the movie W. by Oliver Stone.  I thought it was really good.  I went into it thinking Stone would be rather biased against Bush and I don't think he was.  I felt he really captured the essence of the man.  Obviously, we all know he had a rather wild youth and it did show those times.  But, it also captured how he made his decisions as president from a spiritual foundation and that he really did what he believed was best for the country.  If those turn out to be best in the long haul only time will tell.  But, it showed that was his intent I felt.  Anyway, I enjoyed it and I think it's worth the money to rent it if you're in the mood for a good movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment